We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please get rid of the giant ugly 'March!' icon above my head

The 'March!' skill needs to now be revamped. It should be an immediate skill... why should this require an induction?

In RL, I don't jog and then stop for a split second to think about running faster, i just do it.

Please bring back the old version of 'Mobilize'. If not, change the run speed to +50% instead of +20%

If this is how the new 'March!' skill is supposed to perform then so be it, but you need to change the Hunter's 'Find the Path' skill to equal how useless and annoying the creep skill is now....

/end of rant

Please if anything remove the giant ugly icon above my head.
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 9 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Menathradon View Post
    The 'March!' skill needs to now be revamped. It should be an immediate skill... why should this require an induction?
    It mimics the free people ride skill, therefore it has an induction.

In RL, I don't jog and then stop for a split second to think about running faster, i just do it.
    In real life, you're likely not an Uruk-hai either, this is a concession to make the two speed altering skills more equitable between the free people and monster player sides.

Please bring back the old version of 'Mobilize'. If not, change the run speed to +50% instead of +20%

If this is how the new 'March!' skill is supposed to perform then so be it, but you need to change the Hunter's 'Find the Path' skill to equal how useless and annoying the creep skill is now...
    You move at nearly the speed of a mounted freep while using March! The comparison to Hunter's Find the Path is not the same.

Please if anything remove the giant ugly icon above my head.
    The icon was a request from many players to show that they were in March! We can make it a little smaller, but for those that dislike the iconography there was a contingent of players who wanted to have the vfx available.

To be honest, the boot over creeps' heads reminds me of a British comedy we probably all know and love. Making it customizable or putting a hobby horse on the icon would be so perfect and so much fun. Customizable boots would be like a mount collection for creeps. Finding a reason to laugh and smile in the Moors is wonderful and SSG outdid themselves with the boot. This big and oversized boot is classic. Appreciate the humor in the big boot rather than the annoyance of a big boot following creeps around the Moors. I can just imagine the wonderful screenshots we will see of big creep raids and the big boots following over their heads. Imagine the look of fear (or whatever) on the faces of the freeps when they see a field of big boots running toward them. We should look at the big boot as an opportunity to smile and laugh while in the Moors. To be honest, the big boot was probably the best change they made for PVP this last update. It is both fun and entertaining. My opinion: Save the Boot! It will bring laughter and fun to the Moors.

Please consider adding a "clip clop" horse like sound while the march skill is running. It would be a wonderful addition to the boot visual.
    Last edited by Neinda; Mar 24 2023 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Orion View Post
    The icon was a request from many players to show that they were in March! We can make it a little smaller, but for those that dislike the iconography there was a contingent of players who wanted to have the vfx available.
    What about copying the leaf-rustling particle effects from Find the Path onto creeps with March on? That way it's a visible effect but not an immersion-breaking eyesore.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

now you can't unsee it. suffer.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post

now you can't unsee it. suffer.
    Just picture the stream of a creep raid with all their boots turned on rushing the freeps in the Moors. This would be classic. Creeps would probably win because the freeps would laugh themselves to death. We needed something to make the Moors fun. This could be it. But they really need to add the clip clop sound to the boot icon.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Orion View Post

people dislike the fact that the icon chosen is ugly as sin.

while we're on the subject of ugly icons, lets talk about why the fun zoomy-boi icon of sprint...

was changed to this:

.... don't lie and tell me you don't see it, its very obviously a projectile poo on vomit-green background.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...
    Such things shows that the upgrade was simply a failure.
    Some developers have a serious problem with creeps and how they move on terrain.
    To play as a monster must now have psychological problems or be a masochist.
    So why not turn monsters into dummies and everyone can be happy?
    It seems there at SSG they have run out of ideas and now they're making poppycocks.

hi,orion

creep have to cancel march before battle ,then battle over ,stop to use march again,and circulate. it is very very Inconvenient???RVR cant charge?BA cant shoot ,stealth warg cant march. def cant heal ,
    why not make any skill auto cancel march????we just click twice , first to cancel ,second to use that skill we want to....
    hey,orion could you really Think about it ?

The boot over our heads is insulting imo, but luckily there is a way to turn it off. The freeps don't have a boot over their head, interfering with the landscape view why should the creeps. Image being in a raid of 24 creeps all with boots over their heads. Can we stop wasting resources and make some more sensible changes.
    Last edited by CarenC; Mar 30 2023 at 10:04 PM.

The size, color, shape, and location of that boot icon was very much out of spite. No one in their right mind would think that's a good idea. No one. Devs just tired of the complaining and that was their big "FU". How can you see this any other way.
    ~ Xotik ~

Make use any skill auto cancel march,it is Inconvenient that you have to click march to cancel it before fight.
    Make use any skill auto cancel march,it is Inconvenient that you have to click march to cancel it before fight
    Make use any skill auto cancel march,it is Inconvenient that you have to click march to cancel it before fight