Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8

AltInventory Issues?

This subforum seems pretty quiet but I'll give it a shot anyways :P

Anyone else been noticing increasing issues with AltInventory plug in? I love this plugin, have used it for years. But over the past 6+ months or so I've noticed weird behaviour with it. I have unloaded/reloaded individually for all alts and done some other troubleshooting, and while that works for maybe a day, once I start alting around it just messes up again. Recently (within the last month) its gotten much worse, so much so that I can't really get any accurate info from it.

Things that are happening:
    -Showing I have items that I don't have, and haven't in years.
    -Suddenly re-appearing toons in the list (along with their items) that I don't have, and were deleted last year. (Yes I cleared the list of those toons, numerous times.)
    -Showing items I have, but on the incorrect character.
    -Showing duplicates of items on multiple characters, when only 1 actually has the items.

Anyone else? Ideas how to fix? After relying so much on this plug in I'm feeling a bit handicapped without it xD

-Ods

Garan ist offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Zitat Zitat von Oddessia Beitrag anzeigen
    This subforum seems pretty quiet but I'll give it a shot anyways :P

Anyone else been noticing increasing issues with AltInventory plug in? I love this plugin, have used it for years. But over the past 6+ months or so I've noticed weird behaviour with it. I have unloaded/reloaded individually for all alts and done some other troubleshooting, and while that works for maybe a day, once I start alting around it just messes up again. Recently (within the last month) its gotten much worse, so much so that I can't really get any accurate info from it.

Things that are happening:
    -Showing I have items that I don't have, and haven't in years.
    -Suddenly re-appearing toons in the list (along with their items) that I don't have, and were deleted last year. (Yes I cleared the list of those toons, numerous times.)
    -Showing items I have, but on the incorrect character.
    -Showing duplicates of items on multiple characters, when only 1 actually has the items.

Anyone else? Ideas how to fix? After relying so much on this plug in I'm feeling a bit handicapped without it xD

-Ods
    This sounds like something is corrupting your .plugindata files, possibly restoring old versions of the files somehow. Do you use a web service for storing your documents folder? That could account for it if there is a problem synchronizing the local and web copies. The most peculiar and suspicious issue is the re-appearing toons in the list along with their items. Do you mean that the toon name appears in the drop down box for selection of characters or do you mean that the toon name shows in the pop-up list for inventory when you hover over an item in a shared inventory? The only currently known issue with altinventory was a report of some discrepancies when using the new VIP town services to remotely access vault-keepers which I am still trying to reproduce.

Zitat Zitat von Garan Beitrag anzeigen
    This sounds like something is corrupting your .plugindata files, possibly restoring old versions of the files somehow. Do you use a web service for storing your documents folder?
    The errors described sound very much like issues with OneDrive. Microsoft itself suggests backing up your Documents folder to OneDrive as a Windows 10 feature. Sounds like the files from the server are being downloaded again and are overwriting the new versions saved by LOTRO client. I suggest OP checks their OneDrive settings, maybe logs out and in to the service, or drops using it altogether.

Alrighty so I read the feedback and here is what I did:

My OneDrive was inactive and empty, so it wasn't that. I uninstalled it anyways but it wasn't enabled to begin with.

-I deleted (completely cleaned all files) and re-installed the plug in again.
    -Opened game - nothing had changed. Even my AltInven settings were still the same. Many things still displayed incorrectly.
    -So I manually cleared each and every character from the AltInv menu (the little skull icon) and set it to NOT load for any characters.
    -Exited game
    -Re-opened game
    -Logged in to each character one by one. Went to physical vault location, opened vault.
    -Then opened plug in while vault open
    -Set to load for that toon
    -Repeated for inventory per toon and shared storage
    -Tested updating powers using mail, and vault. Everything seems fine.
    -Tested adding/removing items using VIP buff, everything seems fine so far.

So for now, its seems to be working! However...when it started to slip before it was insidious. Not all the time, and not every item. Only sometimes. And I have done the above process more than once in the past and it does fix things, FOR NOW. They seem to slowly degrade over time. The only different thing is that I uninstalled OneDrive this time, so even inactive Im hoping that it was the issue because I really want my plug in to work again! lol

As for your questions Garan:
    Do I use a web service? No
    Toon names re-appearing = that was a weird one. So the first time it happened, it was after I had deleted a toon, and manually (skull icon) cleared the plugin of that character's info. The next time I logged in, that deleted characters name still showed up in the drop down menu. However when I clicked on it to show items - there were none. Of course, since that character was deleted. Once I did the above process the first time, that resolved and has not resurfaced.
    However, since then when I search an item, sometimes the results (when I hover over them to see who is carrying said item) will show that deleted toon's name. So the answer to your question, is technically, both.

After testing today since above process - none of the "deleted toons" mishaps have popped up. I also went back and deleted any old files on my computer that were under those characters.

I'll be watching closer now, with some specific items to see if things slowly start to degrade again. Hopefully not! Thanks so much for your response/help! I'll let you know if stuff goes south again.

-Ods

Garan ist offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Zitat Zitat von Oddessia Beitrag anzeigen
    As for your questions Garan:
    Do I use a web service? No
    OneDrive is one of the many web services I was referring to. Google offers a similar service as do some anti-virus services (particularly since ransomware became an issue) - McAfee offers one called McAfee Web Backup. Apple also provides a similar service with their Apple iCloud backup. Any such service, even a non-web based service like a network attached storage (NAS) backup could cause such behavior (I probably shouldn't have specified web service but NAS is fairly rare for home users).

Let me know if the problem returns and we can try to determine what is going on.

OneDrive is one of the many web services I was referring to. Google offers a similar service as do some anti-virus services (particularly since ransomware became an issue) - McAfee offers one called McAfee Web Backup. Apple also provides a similar service with their Apple iCloud backup. Any such service, even a non-web based service like a network attached storage (NAS) backup could cause such behavior (I probably shouldn't have specified web service but NAS is fairly rare for home users).

Let me know if the problem returns and we can try to determine what is going on.
    I just realized that it could also just be a Windows domain thing and roaming Windows profiles.

Odessia, are you playing on a PC that is connected to a server for its Windows account? Meaning do you potentially have multiple PCs and your Windows account works on all of them (so called roaming profile)? Is one of those PCs one where LOTRO was played on in the past with AltInventory installed but you are now playing on another one?

Alternatively: do you have more than one LOTRO account attached to the same SSG account and ale multi-boxing, i.e. running multiple LOTRO copies at once on the same PC?

If AltInventory still shows the inventory of other toons after you deleted its files, perhaps you didn't delete the ones it actually uses.
    After a truly clean install you need to visit each toon to pickup its data. So either the plugin and you don't agree on where those files should be, or indeed some other process restored them.

Answer still the same, no to all of the above. I use nothing like that whatsoever. In fact, I have no back up anything on my computer (bad I know, lol) but Im simply not savvy enough to bother with any of those.

Zitat Zitat von Hyos Beitrag anzeigen
    I just realized that it could also just be a Windows domain thing and roaming Windows profiles.

Odessia, are you playing on a PC that is connected to a server for its Windows account? Meaning do you potentially have multiple PCs and your Windows account works on all of them (so called roaming profile)? Is one of those PCs one where LOTRO was played on in the past with AltInventory installed but you are now playing on another one?

Alternatively: do you have more than one LOTRO account attached to the same SSG account and ale multi-boxing, i.e. running multiple LOTRO copies at once on the same PC?
    Also no to all of the above. I have 1 computer, with only me on it. I'm far too simple to figure out how to multibox. I mean...I use my devices (phone/tablet) where I access emails, which would be microsoft account, but that has nothing to do with gaming.

Zitat Zitat von OghranNasty Beitrag anzeigen
    If AltInventory still shows the inventory of other toons after you deleted its files, perhaps you didn't delete the ones it actually uses.
    After a truly clean install you need to visit each toon to pickup its data. So either the plugin and you don't agree on where those files should be, or indeed some other process restored them.
    I assure you I deleted all the files, I even manually entered each characters folder (as well as plug in folder, data folder, etc etc) to double check and purge. I also went to all older folders, and anything related to gaming period - all empty. I probably should have been more clear, in my write-up lol. When I logged back in, I did still have to refresh the plug in list for AltIn to show back up, so it was deleted. It was just odd that it retained my settings ie; where the button sits when not in use etc.
    When I said it was showing inventory of other toons, it was after I deleted THOSE TOONS, not the plug in itself.

All in all for now its fine, I'll post again here if it starts to go to hell, otherwise I'm good for now! I hope xD Thanks everyone for your help.

-Ods
    Geändert von Oddessia (31.03.2021 um 15:37 Uhr)