We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Would all overflowing ancient scripts be transferred in world transfer?

I appraise all old LIs before, and get, ep, 25,000 ancient scripts, and did not play until these days, and want to transfer all shared storage to another server. My question is : would all 25,000 ancient scripts be transfered ? or just the allowed 10,000 ancient scripts? (in this case, the other 15,000 scripts would be gone?)

and what if i already have , ep, 2000 ancient scripts in the server i want to transfer in?

can anybody make this clear to me? according to your actual experience.

or can and blue name come and reply this, plz?
    Between Heaven and Earth goes the path of the Moon
    Imbi Menel Cemenyë menë Ráno tië

I couldn't sorry. You were perhaps foolish to follow others to appraise beyond immediate needs; lead astray by others. They are all in the same boat though and blaming SSG for their own ignorance rather than apologising to those who followed their lead though. Classic narcissism.

If other's come to confirm that the 10,000 AS cap is enforced you can take the 20% AS (money)-laundering route by bartering a stack of a single yellow tracery to place in a Large essence and tracery carry-all and redeem with 80% losses to purchase price if and when required. I think it's 100, 50 and 20 stack size for each size of carry-all.

Quote Originally Posted by DoRonRon View Post
    If other's come to confirm that the 10,000 AS cap is enforced you can take the 20% AS (money)-laundering route by bartering a stack of a single yellow tracery to place in a Large essence and tracery carry-all and redeem with 80% losses to purchase price if and when required. I think it's 100, 50 and 20 stack size for each size of carry-all.

A while back, they disabled shared storage transfers because people were able to hoard over 10k embers by transferring from server to server.
    They supposedly fixed that exploit and slapped a 495 lp pricetag on shared storage transfers.

I'd imagine that if you transferred 10k AS to a server with a overflown cap from appraisals that those 10k AS would be lost.
    Only appraisal AS was allowed to go beyond the 10k cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    A while back, they disabled shared storage transfers because people were able to hoard over 10k embers by transferring from server to server.
    They supposedly fixed that exploit and slapped a 495 lp pricetag on shared storage transfers.

I'd imagine that if you transferred 10k AS to a server with a overflown cap from appraisals that those 10k AS would be lost.
    I can confirm that transfered Ancient Script from Anor will transfer over even if it brings the end location to be over cap.
    I personally transfered 9600 AS from Anor to Gladden which had about 5k AS on it already. End result 14k+ AS on Gladden.

Last edited by Fresh_Pie; Aug 20 2022 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_Pie View Post
    I can confirm that transfered Ancient Script from Anor will transfer over even if it brings the end location to be over cap.
    I personally transfered 9600 AS from Anor to Gladden which had about 5k AS on it already. End result 14k+ AS on Gladden.

Yep it works. Im at 90k AS. There are ppl with 500k lol.

Perhaps the transfer code has yet to be touched so the AS level isn't affected as mote/embers, give them time.

Perhaps the transfer code has yet to be touched so the AS level isn't affected as mote/embers, give them time.
    Its totally legit to allow such a thing for forced transfers like this, though.

I'm happy to be wrong about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    yeah, that is my guess too.

wow, this is good news. at least we do not need to worry about the destination AS cap anymore. tyvm. :-)

i think i will go find some servers (with a little overflow AS, ep 12k) to make a test.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Its totally legit to allow such a thing for forced transfers like this, though.
    agreed.

I couldn't sorry. You were perhaps foolish to follow others to appraise beyond immediate needs; lead astray by others. They are all in the same boat though and blaming SSG for their own ignorance rather than apologising to those who followed their lead though. Classic narcissism.
    You can exceed the 10k limit on transfers, so what were you saying about ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by Curuer_Bauglir View Post
    You can exceed the 10k limit on transfers, so what were you saying about ignorance?
    Not entirely sure what they're going on about 'following others'

Cuz like I came back from a long break, started appraising things. How was I following others myself when I went over cap on two servers (one anor, the other landroval) long before t/f would be a thing?

Cuz like I came back from a long break, started appraising things. How was I following others myself when I went over cap on two servers (one anor, the other landroval) long before t/f would be a thing?
    Yeah, for me, I have to appraise them coz ssg decided to cancel the relic master, i just wanted to get some LIX runes before that. I also have 3 servers which has overflowing AS.

confirmed. all overflowing AS will be transferred.

With the cost of 2495LP, I just transfered one char (together with shared storage) from E to L.

before transfer, the AS in E is 13700, and in L is 240.

And the final AS in L, after transfer, is 13940.

Marks, etc are all added up.

Quote Originally Posted by Curuer_Bauglir View Post
    General ignorance of the ins and out of the LI system and pulling others along into the same pitfalls. Nothing in particular about over-cap transfers that others have now confirmed works. Saw a streamer faced with a quest that directly rewarded 600 AS and an over-cap AS balance, spent it down partially making an LI to continue with the quest and likely lead followers to over appraise too. And rather wasting teal tokens in the process to get below cap.

More to do with managing Ancient Script that continues to come your way. Are you going to store a box that returns 50 AS or one that returns 600. With various sizes of AS boxes you can throw out the smaller one if over cap. There's no great way of avoiding loosing AS.

Some can choose to retain a high over cap balance and wait until who know when you can spend it and find more mules to store every AS box that comes your way. My gut says that'll be end of next year with a cap increase so the plan is to take the hit now and use AS to barter stacks of 100 traceries. Really because I'm getting masses of them with the 101s in the reward track. A Large carry-all filled with 50 100 stacks of yellow traceries gets you a "bank" of AS to draw on, each stack 2000 AS. Come the level cap increase, with 6 or more chars to "upgrade" neither a 10k cap nor 25k over cap of AS is going cover my needs. Now a 100,000 a full yellow carry-all holds might do it. So it will take 500,000 to build that stock. I don't see SSG changing the cap to a personal character one or increasing it. Lesson learnt from embers, low cap to share amongst however many characters at cap you want to play. I have 18,000 banked in the carry-all by end of season two. Meaning I gained and spent 90,000 AS bartering them, all my old LI stuff still intact. Horses for course I suppose. Others with fewer chars to gear can be more glib with AS. With the 101 now using the RNG to deliver other LI stuff there should be "teals" for a few more of my chars along with a whole lot more AS to "save".

SSG providing the appraisal over-capping of AS had you thinking it wasn't going to be a problem for you if you did take up on it. You lucked out now, you'll get to keep both AS balances if moving to Landy. Those jacking up their embers and commendations balance and storage with the old free transfers were happy too for while. Having double the cap will be your headache to sort out.

With an appraise possibly returning over half the cap in Ancient Script yet a new pair of LIs requiring at least three for the tokens it was a maths failure. Rather than do the math the easy option was to allow the over-cap on appraise. Ignoring or not appreciating the consequences to players. The right way would have been to allow one appraise over-cap then block others until spent down. Was easier enough for me to just appraise when I needed more tokens or more AS building each LI in turn. You could see what you'd be getting.

I don't take anything that SSG says via the CM or his streams. I prefer to make an assessment on what's delivered. Also not going to take what a "content provider" has to say about anything if indebted to SSG. I never cap a currency that's important to me (least not intentionally or often), this was just another one to manage. Most can barely manage an inventory so all this will be beyond them and remain so.